Re: [OM] baby gila monster

Subject: Re: [OM] baby gila monster
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:00:35 -0700
Thanks Jim. They are slow moving creatures unlike the lizards or snakes. I
think the coloring is an alert to other creature of being poisonous. It is
unfortunate that people here have them removed from their properties. The local
herpetological person said they stay in a small radius of maybe 50 yards. Take
them outside that range and they may not survive. Seems anything poisonous
people become irrational rather than respectful. The only people I know that
have been bitten by one probably deserved it. They don't have fangs, so have to
chew on the victim.

WayneS