Re: [OM] Three & Dee & Tree [was New additions to the Living History Far

Subject: Re: [OM] Three & Dee & Tree [was New additions to the Living History Farm & Seeing the Tree for the Forest]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:29:38 -0800
> As to "visible on the camera LCD" I question that.

I would say that I would doubt it too, but I might not be so quick to
smack that claim down. There are times when a lens immediately asserts
itself in the viewfinder, either OVF or EVF. The OMZ 35/2 and 100/2
are two such lenses that reach through the viewfinder, grab your
eyeball and proceed to slam you around like you're living in a Loonie
Toons cartoon. Also, there are times when I import the images into the
computer and can identify lens and/or camera on the thumbnail images.
The E-1 and L1 are two such cameras that are quite blatant about
tonalities, and the PanaLeica 14-50 is a lens that has microcontrast
characteristics that also influence the thumbnail images, regardless
of camera used.

> The other lenses used with the same in cam processing don't measure up in the
> microcontrast category.

Defining "microcontrast" seems to be pretty hard to do. It's almost
more of a concept than a measurable trait. And I think that's why it's
so subjective as to whether or not a lens has it.

AG Schnozz