Re: [OM] Seeing the Tree for the Forest

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeing the Tree for the Forest
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 23:12:56 -0800
> Beautiful detail.  Who has been using it as a scratching post?

Thank you. It's just some form of Birch tree that has the paper peeling.

When I refer to a particular 3D look that the Olympus F2 lenses have,
I think this picture illustrates what I'm thinking. It's as though the
subject (tree) is separate from the rest of the picture. We can say
that it's all about the bokeh, narrow DoF, etc., but there is
something else going on that makes this image look like the tree is
actually sitting in front of the picture.

Granted, I did a bunch of editing to, uh, "enhance" the picture, but still....

AG Schnozz