Re: [OM] Hack

Subject: Re: [OM] Hack
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 12:13:46 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ALWAYS have unique passwords for everything.

For high-value targets (like FacePlant, Shamazon, EvilBay, etc.) I even use
unique email addresses. Since I run my own SMTP server, I can have as many
emails as I want. Then, all those account forward to the Real Me.

This has the added advantage that, if that address is phished or used for spam,
I can tell from the blow-back where it's coming from, and instantly shut it
down without affecting my normal email.

:::: The faster the present generation draws down the fossil energy legacy upon
which persistently exuberant lifestyles now depend, the less opportunity
posterity will have to live in anything like the same way or the same numbers.
Yet most contemporary political proposals for solving problems of economic
stagnation or inequity amount to plans for speeding up the rate of drawdown of
non-revewable resources. -- William Catton
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=William+Catton> ::::