Re: [OM] IMG: Unidentified Butterfly

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Unidentified Butterfly
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:41:29 -0500
Mike, the hind wing is pretty much like a  Painted Lady, but the white spots on the forewing don't match the PL.

On 8/12/20 7:29 PM, MICHAEL GORDON via olympus wrote:
You don’t  like the Painted Lady answer?  If saw the critter on our Buddlea  that’s what
I’d call it.  Submarginal eyespots and color look ok to me. They are great navigators/migrators when
they have to be.  I don’t know what else is flying in your area that it could be.

Here is a Painted Lady from a year ago.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190815-P8158422.JPG.html

The forewing is very different, in my humble opinion.

4 spotted Mike

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA