Re: [OM] Meet Strawberry Candy

Subject: Re: [OM] Meet Strawberry Candy
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:52:08 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
WayneS writes:

<<Nice framing and dew (rain) drops. Was this up-sampled? (clicking to zoom in
<<shows a lot of bits).

<<Always interested in > 90mm macros, this prompted me to check out the
<<Voigtlander 125mm Macro lens. It seems that is a rarer lens and quite
expensive
<<on the eekbay. More than double its original price.

The Sonnie automagically provides too many megapickles-no upsampling required.

I have the lens in OM mount and it was NIB--rare as hens teeth now.  Long story
as how obtained  "Big Foot."
Double new price is not a bad price.  I got it just before became a cult
classic.  Before the release of the CV 110 in native Sonnie mount, some Nikon
mount CV 125 Apo Lanthars would go for >2700.
The 110 is better in many ways and provides accurate exif w/o a hassle and has
a distance encoder which results in 5 axis IS instead of 3.  Despite both being
APO there is a tad of LoCA at 1:1 on the 125 not present in the 110.
The 125 doesn't lose as much FL as the mag increases so has better  working
distance (longer FL too, obviously) and I think the bokeh is a tad better at
times AND I can use it on my OM bodies.

Big Foot owner, Mike