Re: [OM] Meyer Optik Gorlitz

Subject: Re: [OM] Meyer Optik Gorlitz
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:38:37 -0700
At 7/9/2020 01:56 PM, Moose wrote:
>On 7/9/2020 11:26 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>>Thanks all for your insights. I'm convinced I don't need vintage.
>>Just a little Photoshop + Topaz could do just as well
>>
>>https://photos.app.goo.gl/LHMpFqdj4iFqWNTe9
>>https://photos.app.goo.gl/XM492czwzWV2HDkA8
>
>Pretty!!
>
>>GX9, PL 12-60mm @ 40mm, f/3.9
>
>You are shooting my two favorite lenses, on my favorite body.

Thanks, and yes, you had some influence with that. The GX9, used, came with the
grip as an extra. The grip really helps. It is not too much of an inconvenience
to remove to replace the battery.

The grip also puts the tripod screw location in a better place, centered. I
have the peak design Capture Camera Clip that I attach to my Camelbak shoulder
strap, making the camera easily available while biking (or hiking). The clip
works better than I expected, and keeps the camera from bouncing around, yet
available.

AK wrote
>> You are shooting my two favorite lenses, on my favorite body.
>
>Favorite body?
>Not even close. Brigitte Bardot in the 1950s and '60s.

Bodies? As I have become older, I have a different view. I think the GX9 will
age better... Certainly better than me. And probably still work long after I
stop working.

WayneS