Re: [OM] Creating aluminium based images

Subject: Re: [OM] Creating aluminium based images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 12:36:37 -0700
On 7/1/2020 11:47 AM, john hudson wrote:

Does anyone have experience of "printing" images onto thin sheets of aluminium
either at home or through a pro level photo lab ?

We've viewed many "metal" (assumed aluminum) prints in galleries. This is a mature technology, not some oddity. AFIK, all the major commercial printing houses do them.

Stand out qualities are that they are glossy, with very bright colors and really black blacks available, and they stand out from a wall without requiring framing or glass covering.

I've so far not had any printed, but wouldn't hesitate to do so with an image I think would benefit from that surface. We've bought a couple (three?) in galleries, all fairly small. The tech quality of one I don't like, but it's not the fault of the process, and Carol loves it. Another is really beautiful, and hanging on our major photo/art wall.

FWIW Moose