Re: [OM] Emerald Waters

Subject: Re: [OM] Emerald Waters
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 14:13:15 -0700
On 6/29/2020 6:46 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
What a scene!  But I’d call that water blue :-)

I agree, Emerald is wrong; there's no green in it. It IS a unique color, found in some mountain lakes. AG say glacier fed, I can't disagree, although I'm not sure it's that simple.

The last one I visited was Avalanche Lake in Glacier NP. You can see the color, compared to that of the numerous other nearby lakes, on Google Maps or Earth.

In person, it looks like a blue made opaque with chalk mixed in. Light, very
pretty.

AG's photo looks true to my memory.

Nemerald Moose