Re: [OM] IMG: Squirrels Crave Aluminum

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Squirrels Crave Aluminum
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 16:49:54 -0700
On 6/7/2020 1:42 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Squirrels cause more damage to power distribution lines than any other single cause.  But, my pole-to-house service line is not the only thing that gets chewed up.  My 50-yr old Sears chain link fence and gate have also been attacked over the years. Apparently, squirrels crave aluminum.  The fence wire is tied to the top rail with a fairly stiff aluminum tie.  This close-up photo shows the results of numerous squirrel teeth working on the aluminum.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200607-P6071690.JPG.html

Or are they just agents of chaos, and the aluminum is the only metal soft enough for them to chew? (That fence must go down, keep at it!)

Al Speculation Moose