Re: [OM] Just how sharp is the OM Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how sharp is the OM Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro?
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 22:00:56 -0500
Very nice sharpness, indeed.  How close does it focus?

On 4/29/20 9:37 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/346

One of the questions about the OM Zuiko series of lenses is whether or
not the more common and affordable 50mm F3.5 Macro lens is sharp. I'm
of the opinion that this lens is actually one of the sharpest lenses
of any form in the OM Zuiko line.

This picture illustrates the sharpness and the contrast this lens is
known for. It was taken with the Olympus E-1 5MP crop-sensor camera,
so it's just the middle portion (100mm equivalent focal length) of the
image area. The image was converted and processed in Adobe Lightroom.

Honestly, I don't really know how sharp the lens is as it had exceeded
the resolving capability of any digital camera and film I've used.

AG Schnozz

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA