Re: [OM] IMG: Happy Bluebird

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Happy Bluebird
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 18:52:06 -0500
Thanks a lot, Scott.  I remember them on fence posts along country roads when I was a kid in the 1930s in Mississippi, but I think they may have been impacted by the wide-spread use of ag chemicals after WWII.  I give credit to my next-door neighbor and her late husband for hanging nesting boxes in her back yard, and cleaning them out after each season.  She feeds meal worms and suet, which they like.  I try not to compete with her, feeding seeds in my own feeders.  But, the bluebirds seem to get lonesome, and come over to watch the birds feeding in my yard, just for company. :-)