Re: [OM] Fisheyes M9 CCD Kodachrome look pix fb Mark Kronquist open to a

Subject: Re: [OM] Fisheyes M9 CCD Kodachrome look pix fb Mark Kronquist open to all
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 23:20:20 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Wide Eyed Moose writes:

<<Don't need one for my A7, what with my new Voightländer Hyper-Wide Heliar
<<<10/5.6 to play with. (MF, but with EXIF)

Hmm, what prompted this lens acquisition? I thought the panny quenched most the
ultrawide needs.    It is a very cool lens though and CV has a knack of
producing well liked superb niche products.  (Only one I haven't liked is the
10/.95 for MFT)
I don't see where it has anything really  to do with a true Heliar, like some
of their real Heliar offerings, with 13 lenses in 10 groups with two aspherics.
 I think it sometimes used by the marketing to denote slower  but compact
well made lenses of this ilk.
IIRC there is  less sample variability then the 15--which is great if can get a
good copy. the 10/5,6  has nice sun stars if you like them and I think
vignettes quite a bit, but one of the compromises of the design. Oh, one thing
cool about CV is that
not only do they transmit exif but there is a distance encoder so that the IS
works 5 axis if the cam can do that---unlike the Loxia line.

I haven't figured out how to use this wide a lens well and too slow for astro.
From my limited experience 14-20 seems the sweet spot for astro-landscapes, at
least for me.  I don't really think well below 24mm and have used the OMZ
24/2.8 10 times as often as the 21/2

Not much inclination to do much photo work of late, but hope that will change .

Not as wide eyed, Mike