[OM] IMG: Robot

Subject: [OM] IMG: Robot
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 16:20:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Most restaurant and many other places have been reduced to drive thru,
takeout, and delivery, but a local mom & pop pizza restaurant has come up with
a novel idea:  Delivery robots.  These have been on the local news these past
few days, and today I encountered one while cycling to the post office:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/49744369657/

I took the time to watch this one for a while, and saw that it has no steering.
 Only the centre wheels are motorised.  When it needs to turn, the outer wheels
rise up and one of the centre wheels is activated.  Very efficient and clever
design.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson