Re: [OM] Beluga Point - Turnagain Arm

Subject: Re: [OM] Beluga Point - Turnagain Arm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 16:43:37 -0800
> Another beautiful tribute to great old gear and fabulous scenery!

Thank you. I'm amazed at just how well the Kodak sensors do here.
There is just something going on there that they seem to have a slight
advantage over the CMOS sensors. I do have to watch the top register
as it's easy to get nasties in the highlights. The E-1 is better
behaved than either the E-300 or E-400 when it comes to shadow
recovery, so I can yank the controls a little more, but the overall
image quality is better with the E-400. The GX85 does better in the
measurables, but when it comes to colors, there is no comparison--the
Kodak CCD sensors have a richness that can't be beat. I am
reverse-engineering the images seeing if there is a way to get the
same colors with the other cameras. Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no. But
in fairness, it's hard to get the Kodak CCD sensor images to match the
CMOS images in some circumstances.

As to the fabulous scenery, I am the luckiest photographer in the
world here. This is Zuiko Heaven! The only real trade-off is that
Amazon Prime doesn't deliver overnight.

AK Schnozz