[OM] Last journey to the frozen (sometimes) north

Subject: [OM] Last journey to the frozen (sometimes) north
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:02:04 +0100
My aunt, the member of my father’s side (Scottish side) of the family, is
poorly.  She had a stroke at Christmas and has been in hospital since.

We judged it important to see her, perhaps for the last time, before the
pandemic came this far and restricted our movement, so off we went to Scotland,
stopping for a rest (it’s 350 miles! :-)) in Cumbria in the Vale of Eden at a
cracking restaurant/hotel (The Black Swan in Ravenstonedale –
https://www.blackswanhotel.com <https://www.blackswanhotel.com/>)

I took some photos which I’ve put on this blog, not many, I promise.  I didn’t
do the area justice, but it was a very enjoyable (and expensive ) 5 days.

http://cbimages.uk/?p=664

Chris

(I’m happy to accept suggestions for improving the way the blog is displayed
etc . . .)