[OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up libr

Subject: [OM] Brand new to LR for DAM (mostly), suggestions as how to set up library and import images.
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 20:52:21 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Finally downloaded and loaded CC and LR on new system  and my new Adobe tax
payments begin.  I have yet to install on my most used system but will do so.
I stretched out cs6 as long as possible but latest struggle with older
selection tools and the
excellent discount packaged with new system were too much to resist--just
didn't haven't any time to put it on. Marnie completed a PS tutorial as well.
I don't want to bugger up the catalog feature for LR.  I think I can delete it
and start over but I suspect it takes an eternity to sort the images. Thought
I'd better check as to how to  optimally set it up.  I will sync the images via
 Maestro Moose Method suggestion between the two systems with separate
catalogues.  Appreciate any suggestions.

The adventure begins, Mike