Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:49:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Your immune system requires zinc and copper in forming the enzymes that
fight off infections.  Most multi-vitamins contain a sufficient quantity.
There are also dietary supplements such as made by Solaray and Now.  My local
shop is cleaned out of both, as is Swanson (on line).  I bought some of the Now
variety recently by way of evilBay, and now the price has tripled.

     So, check out your multivitamins.  The Kirkland variety sold at Costco is
more than adequate.

>Supposedly, certain metals are anti-microbial. Copper being one, but
>also Zinc. A good coating of Zinc in the back of the throat and
>esophagus can potentially stop the virus from making it to the lungs?
>Probably why zinc lozenges are hard to get.
>
>The severity of the virus (my speculation) may depend on the amount of
>the initial infection. Perhaps a small dose may be enough for the immune
>system to engage (similar to a vaccine) versus a large onslaught of the
>virus all at once before the immune system has time to react. And maybe
>the Zinc can help reduce it to a smaller amount.
>
>I bought some "trace" brand Zinc from CVS. In concentrated form it is
>bitter and bad tasting, but a drop in the back of the mouth can help coat
>it.
>
>Whether any of this is effective, I have no idea. People often take
>anecdotal information as proof, then swear by it.
>
>It will be interesting when the real science becomes available.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson