Re: [OM] IMG: Monks

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Monks
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 17:16:18 +0100
Tina,

It really does take the magic out of seeing the monks walking through the streets, normally in an early morning mist.

When we first went to Laos it had only just become possible to get individual visas for tourists. I think we were the only tourists on our flight in from Hanoi. Before that you had to go as part of an organised group and see what the tour leader wanted you to see. There was only one hotel in Luang Prabang that it seemed you could book from outside the country - the Canadian owned Calao, which had all of five rooms.

Mike