Re: [OM] Tamron Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 12:19:30 -0700
On 3/24/2020 7:24 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I was casually browsing through the Tamron offerings at KEHoutlet and
came away with a Tamron 01A 38-80/2.8-3.8 lens

Typo? Mine are 35-80 mm.

for half the average evilBay price.  Comes with a Nikon AI adapter.  With
almost 330 degrees of focus ring rotation this is a very good lens for flowers
and insects.

Yup, does v. nice semi-macro, with greatest mag. at the long end, which is
excellent for flowers and insects.

The interior mechanism that controls close focus by focal length, is complex. My first one stopped going higher than 60 mm after a while. I thought it cheaper to buy a second one than deal with service.

Be gentle, don't force the rings. I don't believe I broke the first one, but it
doesn't hurt to be careful.

Tam 'O Ron Moose