Re: [OM] Hurdy Gurdy Peak

Subject: Re: [OM] Hurdy Gurdy Peak
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 16:59:04 -0800
> Just right look and feel. I liked holding it. OTOH, it's a DSLR, with tiny
> LCD and no live view, so never serious for me.

With the 14-42, it really is well balanced in the hand. The E-1 with
14-54 is also another near-perfect combination. Very different, but
both just feel right.

> Mea Culpa, Dood! I just didn't remember the different battery thing.
> Thought you said you had them already coming. Charger, cord and spare battery
> off by Priority Mail tomorrow.

Thanks. I thought I had another local source for one so I didn't say
anything, but it fell through. With stuff going on at work, I didn't
have a chance to really deal with it.

> All but one of the seven I've had over the years are gone, all but the E-PL7,
> the last "real" one. I really hated to see
> the E-PM2 go, but it had tech-aged out. Two axis IBIS wasn't that great. Once
> the GM5 with built-in EVF and Panny OIS
> lenses came on the scene, the love affair cooled.

Understood. The E-3 has the early two-axis IBIS too and it is easily
overwhelmed. The GX85's IBIS (especially in combination with the OIS)
is almost like using a gimbal. I use a Canon for church video work
that has OIS and it's about as primitive as the opening scene of Space
Odyssey 2001.

The Kodak CCD sensors (E-1, E-300, E-400) are certainly dealing with
this odd Alaskan light better than the other cameras. Interior
low-light, high-ISO is another kettle of fish, but that's not what I'm
dealing with.

AG Schnozz