Re: [OM] IMG: A Walk Across the Street

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Walk Across the Street
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 16:11:19 -0700
On 3/14/2020 3:53 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I noticed some color in my neighbor's yard across the street, so I picked up the Oly E-1 with Leica 90mm Elmarit-R and walked over to check it out.  My neighbor arrived home about the same time, and she and her dog joined me.  I shot these images in the front yard:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148525.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148529.JPG.html

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148531.JPG.html

My subject, composition and color eye loves these!
My tech critic eye says all the brighter parts of the reds and yellows are
blown out, losing all detail.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148535.JPG.html

Then she invited me to check out the back yard, where I seldom venture.  She has it populated with all sorts of garden fixtures.

Iron Butterfly:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148545.JPG.html

A Double Daffodil she had just cut:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148549.JPG.html

There you go! Nice yellow, almost no blown highlights!

Looks kinda gritty in the larger size, and lots of noise in the gray parts of the background. Untreated noise, exacerbated by other processing?

I couldn't resist the chance to also show how natural artificial shallow DoF can look. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/DoubleDaffy.htm>

A One-Eyed Oak Tree ( the other eye is awaiting reattachment):

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200314-P3148555.JPG.html

Kewl! I hope the other eye is winking. ;-)

Having about all the exercise and fresh air I could take for one day,

:-) ;-)

Blind Horse Moose