Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 35-80/2.8 on sale at KEH

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Zuiko 35-80/2.8 on sale at KEH
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:59:26 -0700
At 3/10/2020 11:17 AM, AK Delerium wrote:
>> Still too rich for my blood, but this rare, high-end OM zoom is on sale at
>> KEH for 25% off, which makes it $543.90.
>
>But I can confirm that it's still an incredible lens - even by today's
>standards.
>
>New (digital era) lenses will be better in the measurable regards, but
>the 35-80 has that "reach out and wrap your arms around someone" feel
>to the images.

Are you speaking of this lens historically with film or even today on a digital
body?

Perhaps you have been chanting OMmmm for so long now you are enraptured? Or too
long in the dark winter of Alaska and the exhilaration of light coming is, ahh,
affecting your mental state?

Just wondering..., are there any newish lenses that you could similarly
embellish? or are they all too spec perfect to have that character? Perhaps you
can show us an "arms wrapped around" grizzly shot?

I know ~80% of my film photos were taken with the 35-80, but I don't recall it
having the same charm as the 100/2, for instance, when it came to embracing
people.

Pseudo Psych WayneS