Re: [OM] IMG: A Different Mustang

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Different Mustang
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 22:57:10 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
You're certainly right about the Pilatus but more right about the Beaver.  The
Mustang is the latest development of what was once called the slowtation.
Medivacs from Lears? Thats class!!

And you understand the value of a King Air. You can land it anywhere with a
reasonable solid surface, nobody has them on floats. And as we say here in
their birthplace, we all recognise that they are built like a tank.

Humorous sidelight: When Textron bought Beech our of bankruptcy, there was a
downturn in corporate jet sales, something more common than you might expect.
For the first two years they owned Beech,Textron Aircraft (Cessna, Beech,
Hawker) was profitable only because of King Air sales. Most of the upper
executives are Cessna people and  they wanted to 86 the King Air but word came
down from on high, "cancel that over your dead body."