Re: [OM] IMGS: SL vs Monochrome

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL vs Monochrome
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 06:46:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     This is one of those instances where colour outdoes monochrome.  The
setting is one where the texture is not the overall subject and is therefore
insufficient to render monochrome as the preferred medium, whereas colour says
a lot about the subject(s) and the surroundings.

>I happened to take two almost identical photos - one with the SL and one
>with the Monochrome:
>
>https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/170475742
>
>https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/170475752
>
>What do you think?  The two immediately before those are extreme crops from
>the SL that look pretty good to me.  You can keep hitting previous until
>you get back to ones you have already seen.
>
>C&C greatly appreciated!

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson