Re: [OM] IMG: Sadly Collecting Dust

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sadly Collecting Dust
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:27:09 -0800
On 2/25/2020 12:10 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Since the disappearance of convenient labs to develop film and give me good quality prints on CD, my Leica IIIf  stares at me from a shelf, collecting dust.  It does, however, make a good subject for lens tests.

In this case, I was trying the OMD E-M1 with a silent shutter.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200225-P2250824.JPG.html

Nice portrait. :-) I've never liked rangefinders, so the IIIf doesn't speak to me, although I understand your nostalgia. I do like some old lenses, for their failings that have largely disappeared in more recent offerings. Obviously, I also like the amazing current lenses, for different reasons.

So, I quite like the lens. A slightly older design than the 58/1.2 Canon I have. If you had a Sony A7, you could, as I do, use that old lens very well.

Neo Yore Moose