Re: [OM] E-400 Surprise

Subject: Re: [OM] E-400 Surprise
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:43:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     And what have I been saying all this time?!?!?!?!?!

     I think the E-510/520 has the same 10M sensor.  The E-500 has the earlier
Kodak/Toshiba 8M sensor.  It has a unique uncompressed TIFF recording mode,
which results in 24M files, so you don't lose any detail.  The only feature I
find lacking is the opportunity to use a cabled shutter release, which can be
remedied if you carefully take the back off and add a wire from the shutter
release to the USB connector.

     Myself, I did not care for the 14-42 lens as I am not an auto-fuzzy fan.
I quickly went and bought a number of MF lenses, and came away liking the Sigma
28-85/3.5-4.5 and the Quantaray 28-90/3.5-4.5, both due to the wide focusing
control.  Yes, they're both heavier than the 14-42 but I really like the
overall feel.

     Forget AF.  Take control of your camera.  Take control of your life.

>I will admit to being very surprised and pleased with the E-400. The
>extended testing and use of the Kodak sensor will, of course, be of
>major interest to me, but the camera itself is actually pretty
>remarkable in its own way. Honestly, I didn't hold it in very high
>regard, but the camera is exceeding every expectation. My time is very
>limited, though, as I don't have a battery charger yet, so I'm being
>quick and deliberate with it.
>
>Several things have come to my attention rather immediately, though:

     <<SNIP>>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson