Re: [OM] u43 anamorphic lens

Subject: Re: [OM] u43 anamorphic lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 12:07:28 -0800
On 2/15/2020 4:51 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Although probably targeted at video, this could be in interesting way to take
panorama photos without stitching. An Xpan alternative for u43.

https://www.diyphotography.net/vazens-expands-its-micro-four-thirds-anamorphic-lens-range-with-the-28mm-t2-2-1-8x/

"The Vazen 28mm T2.2 1.8x is available to pre-order now for $3,250, and will ship…
at some point."

Not on my short list. ;-)

I assume that post processing only requires stretching. Maybe new feature to
add to Fisheye-Hemi?

Fisheye-Hemi 2.0 has all sorts of controls for manual adjustments. I Haven't
tried to figure them out, but they may do it.

OTOH, if it's simple stretching. PS should do the job easily.

Increase canvas size to the desired new width symmetrically. Image=>Canvas
Size, enter new width, leave Anchor in center.

Edit=>Transform=>Distort, unlink H & V with a click, then either pull the sides
to the edges or enter the horizontal uprez % in the settings line on the top.

I just tried this on a sample image found on the web; it works perfectly.

Easy Peasy Moose