Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Fossil Discovery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Alaskan Fossil Discovery
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:21:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     LOL!

     Boy, do I remember those things.  At the York Commonwealth campus of Penn
State we had one of those that linked us to the 360/370 at State College.  I
was a sysop for a couple of years for extra credit and ended up solving all
sorts of programming problems for other undergrads.

     When I got the Atari 800 back in 1980 it had a 1400-baud modem, and I
thought I was living in luxury.

     Having lived through the years of punched tape and punched cards before
there were interactive terminals is why I don't mind the speed of dialup all
that much.  It's the poor connectivity that bugs me.

     And those damned 132-column impact line printers may have done more damage
to my hearing than hanging around C-130s for six years.

>And, given other conversations ongoing, here was me thinking it was going to
>be a report about someone was using a 300-baud acoustic coupler for
>streaming Netflix...

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson