Re: [OM] Video editing

Subject: Re: [OM] Video editing
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 10:06:17 +0800
I have been using Pinnacle Studio since version 1.1 in 2001. Went through version 8,15 and now 22. It was not difficult to learn and has so many features. Unfortunately, the latest version has many small bugs and the support was very poor. In these few years there are many free and affordable software but I still not found a free software which support NVENC. On my setup with a GTX1060 display card, Pinnacle Studio 22 output H265 1080p video at over 150fps which is great for proof.

The other video editing software I use is TMPGEnc Video Mastering 6, it is very robust and powerful, with X264 and X265 output. It also supports NVENC but its timeline mode is not easy to use. AFAIK this is the only software that support DVB subtitle which I need for converting TV files.

My son recently need to editing some videos, he wanted a freeware to start with. I tried the VideoPad, it seems okay with him.

I only used the Cyberlink PowerDirector briefly, it was a limited free version came with my video capture card, it seems a fine software but not free.

C.H.Ling