Re: [OM] Six Rainbows

Subject: Re: [OM] Six Rainbows
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:00:44 -0800
> From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Can anyone explain the short, vertical rainbow in
> between those two? I have seen this effect before, but only rarely.

The "short, vertical rainbow" actually seems to be facing the opposite
direction, especially if you trace its curve with its reflection.

To me, that means a second light source. You've discovered the Sun's binary
star doppelganger!

:::: There is no more light in a genius than in any other honest man -- but he
has a particular kind of lens to concentrate this light into a burning point.
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ludwig+Wittgenstein> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/>‌ ::::‌‌