Re: [OM] Matting and Framing - Monroe Township #8 Schoolhouse

Subject: Re: [OM] Matting and Framing - Monroe Township #8 Schoolhouse
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 09:07:12 -0800
> From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Custom frames are expensive... This has prompted me to consider getting a
> table saw just to make my own frames.

Have you considered black aluminum sectional frames?

If you standardize your own print size, you can buy the frame sections very
cheaply. Then go to Dome Hepot and they will cut window glass for you. The cuts
used to be free; don't know about now.

When I did this for a living, I standardized on a few sizes that would let me
get the most out of a 24"x36" sheet of glass. My medium-sized mats were 12"x16"
and my small ones were 8"x12". I bought black aluminum sectional frame
materials in 8", 12" and 16" sections. I sold matted-unframed for $32, and was
still able to make a good profit by including a frame (double-glazed, as my
prints hung in windows) for an additional $32. For people who were travelling
or needed shipping, I could still make a good profit selling a "frame kit"
(everything but the glass and my labour) for $16.

Think I still have some promo material around somewhere...
        http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Products/FrameKitInstructions.pdf

:::: We need an energy policy that encourages consumption. -- George W. Bush
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=George+W.+Bush> ::::