Re: [OM] Move to Alaska and...

Subject: Re: [OM] Move to Alaska and...
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 14:48:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     We have a decent amount of diversity here in the southwest.  Along with
numerous Native American communities, we have the Mexicans and in New Mexico
they are commonly related to New Spain and Coronado.  Then there's the Jewish
community that came to Albuquerque disguised as Catholics to escape the
Inquisition, until Torquemada tried to bring it over here.

     Outdoors here is year round, if you don't mind driving north for 2-3 hours
to find tolerable temperatures.

>6. Too diverse. I've never seen cultural diversity ANYWHERE in the
>world like Anchorage. OK, maybe London. I've never seen another place
>like this where skin color, religion, language, etc., is as irrelevant
>as here. Keep in mind that in the Anchorage school system, there are
>over 100 different languages spoken in the homes other than English.
>Over a third of the students have been taught English at school.
>Honestly, this is the most non-racially sensitive place I've been. A
>staff meeting at the office looks like (and sounds like) the U.N.
>
>7. Nothing to do there. Huh? I realized that I was wearing myself out
>trying to take in everything. There is no shortage of options here. I
>haven't taken up hunting or fishing. It's not that I'm opposed to it
>or anything, but I just don't have the time to do it because I'm
>constantly off hiking and taking pictures. The year-round
>opportunities are endless. Living here really is exhausting if you
>don't pace yourself. AND you don't even have to travel. 20 minutes and
>you are in world-class anything. I find that Anchorage is one of the
>most athletic cities I've ever seen. Everybody is out and about.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson