Re: [OM] Who needs GPS tagging when...

Subject: Re: [OM] Who needs GPS tagging when...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 22:55:14 -0800
On 1/1/2020 1:02 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
So yesterday when I was reading the BBC I came across an article about a place in Scotland that had just recorded the record warmest December day ever in the UK at 18.7°C. The name jogged my memory and sure enough we had traveled through there on a glorious day. I went back through my archive hoping to find a photo of the area. I knew that I had annoyed my wife multiple times that day by pulling off at every photo op and there were many of them that day.

Carol is still holding me hostage for the number of stops in the Palouse.

I found a few candidates but couldn't be sure. My wife then suggested StreetView. She had used it to check out many of the places we stayed before booking. Sure enough I soon found a hit. Pretty amazing. I found the same Passing Place. Check it out. Yeah, I know Moose. It would have been easier if tagged :) but no fun of the chase.

That reminds me of a fair number of shots in Ireland. Yes, I could probably find most, and no, it wouldn't be quick, nor a fun chase, after a couple. :-)

I just looked at a bit of Street View along R336, from Screebe to Maam Cross. That's 9 km of scrub roadside to scan to find one of my best shots. I'll stick with geocoding, thanks. ;-)

I could still probably tag them with a gps track.

If you have tracks, it's a doodle.

Moose Spoor