[OM] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2019: Boxing Day vignettes

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2019: Boxing Day vignettes
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 19:40:35 +0100
My son Moses lives in New Jersey with his Brazilian wife Myrela. They both work
in NYC, he at the Boston Consulting Group and she at the city health
department. They visited us during Christmas, so the nest was full again. It
was especially joyous for me, as I had not seen Moses since January 2018.

On Boxing Day we drove to Valencia for a day of sight-seeing there, then
watched Liverpool FC beat the second-place team Leicester 4-0, and finished the
evening by lighting the menorah—we celebrate everything!

Three images.

Valencia’s cathedral is the city’s main tourist attraction, not least because
it holds the Holy Grail (one of several Holy Grails, admittedly). But I like to
visit because of some of the fantastic paintings, such as this one by Goya from
1788:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Fg6FrvT/A

On a more cheerful note, here is an informal portrait of Moses and Myrela in
Valencia, including a reflection of me in his sunglasses:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-pZCrqsC/A

And finally, a rare photo of me, lighting a candle on the menorah, still
wearing my Liverpool shirt:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-6WzBFb3/A

Sadly, all good things must come to an end, and Moses and Myrela left yesterday
to spend a couple of days in Norway before flying home to New York.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"