Re: [OM] Pup on the Rock

Subject: Re: [OM] Pup on the Rock
From: Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 14:54:24 +0100
I quite agree with you Moose that what may have been a good picture yesterday
could be considered as lower grade by today’s standards. And post does matter,
a lot.
The art of printing in the lab was also something few mastered or cared for,
and yet, look at HCB, whose tireur saved so many pictures, or Ansel Adams who
MADE pictures and didn’t take them, or Sebastian DELGADO, etc - something takes
place after they have clicked, which is an essential albeit sometimes
painstaking part of photography. Note that slides were probably the exception.

Now, to get back to the pup, I attribute the lack of apparent sharpness to the
light (read colour temp) Happens sometimes.
 Your version looks much sharper indeed. Yet, we lose the golden glow on the
fur. Hard to get the best of all worlds ;-)

Amities

Philippe