Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 08:20:55 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
> (That's what she said) Moose wrote:
>> I did a comparison of my 300/4.5 on ?4/3 against more contemporary zooms...
>> Still, that beautiful old piece of brass and glass (un)clearly doesn't
>> measure up.
>
> The OMZ 300/4.5 is the Jimi Hendrix (Purple Haze) of Zuikos.

I’m wondering if either of you has tried it with a quality focal reducer. I’ve
found the Metabones to be pretty good at clearing up such things, and even the
Viltrox improves it on telephotos (not so much on wides).

There must be a lot of sample variation, because I’ve seen some pretty good
reviews of it on digital.

It’s sitting just six feet from me. Perhaps I’ll give it a try.

Jan