[OM] IMG: Helsinki

Subject: [OM] IMG: Helsinki
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 23:23:43 +0100
Early last week I was in Helsinki for a couple of days. I used to travel there
frequently for work in the late 1990s but this was my first time back in 18
years. Helsinki is a city of many striking buildings, and given that it was
cold and dark (as is normal in late October), there were not many people out
and about when I prowled the streets in the evening. So fewer people than is
usually the case in my galleries, but at least you get a sense of what Helsinki
looks like:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/helsinki_oct2019/

The city felt new and familiar at the same time. Some of the places I show are
very familiar to me, like the Esplanade. Others are not, for obvious
reasons—for example, the magnificent Central Library only opened in November
2018. I also found to my delight that the beer scene had vastly improved since
my last visit in 2001 :-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain