Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 4/11/2019: my best friend turns 60

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 4/11/2019: my best friend turns 60
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 14:21:15 -0500 (EST)
----- Original Message -----

From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:58:24 PM

Excellent, Nathan. Best wishes to Lars for a very happy birthday and for
many more to come.

Charlie

> But man does not live by beer alone, so we also had an impressive spread
> of various sausages, including some Spanish lomo I brought, as well as
> deer, wild boar, lamb, and more mundane beef and pork (and some vegetarian
> ones too):

I must heartily disagree with the first statement, but agree totally that man
may live by beer and sausage alone.

I remember reading a newspaper story many many years ago about two young boys
who were playing in a railyard. The climbed into an open boxcar, and a rail
crew member shut and latched the doors, The car was full of presumably empty
beer bottles being returned to the brewery to be refilled. The boys were
trapped for three or four days, and arrived at the trains destination in good
shape. Many of the empties held dregs, and they drank them (yuck!) and survived
quite nicely.

I am envious of your ability to get wild boar sausage, or even wild boar at
all. In the US wild boar is served in nearly every state, but it is FARM
RAISED! How can they call it wild boar if it's raised on a farm? Oddly, there
are wild boar all over the US but they are just shot and left to rot. All are
pigs that have escaped from a farm, but they revert to wild, with tusks and
all, in less than a year.