Re: [OM] OT: Airplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Airplane Crash
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 15:12:25 -0400 (EDT)
That's one old airplane.Introduced in 1962 as a fixed gear version of the 210.
It was made till 1964 when it became the 206, with full 6 seating (well ok, two
bigger seats, two smaller seats and kids seats, really), and a bigger engine.
It became highly desired for cargo in Canada and alaska and for short haul
passenger uses worldwide. It is a workhorse, but passenger comfortis last on
its list.

Soif a 205, it probably spent a good part of its life hauling cancelled checks
(remember those) and the like so anyone in the air is likely near the end of
its useful life. This one might have reached that place in a particularly bad
way. And we must be honest, it could have been under maintained. Deregulation
conservatives remember, crashes like this and the 737 maxes are the result of
an agency that has been hounded to reduce enforcement.