[OM] Alas, not a single Bronze Copper, but Monarchs as consolation prize

Subject: [OM] Alas, not a single Bronze Copper, but Monarchs as consolation prize
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 02:12:22 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Looked high and low but they were elusive. They should have been there and
plenty of asters around.  It was a tad windy and perhaps were hunkered down.
BC's tend to sleep in from everyone's observation when it is cool.

Monarchs clearly having a decent year around here---seemed like days of yore.
Love shooting flutterbys on our native purple asters.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-zBWzV8q/A

Curiously the resolution varied substantially with this kit.  Sometimes I think
the focus was missed slightly, (note passive voice ;-)   )  others perhaps the
combination of focusing distance, FL to achieve the same mag were the key
variables. FL in the 175mm ish (actual, not FF) seemed better for large
flutterbys  and will use that in the absence of better data with targets.

Mike