Re: [OM] More Panny ZS200 [was GAS Relief!]

Subject: Re: [OM] More Panny ZS200 [was GAS Relief!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 18:40:59 -0400
On 9/29/2019 2:10 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
I’m still mulling this over, Moose: the performance and the advisability of
replacing my perfectly serviceable Lumix ZS100/TZ100.

Tough choice.

The longer reach is of great interest (as long as the mechanism and structure
aren’t more fragile as a result of the reach),

It doesn't seem fragile. I've put an adhesive filter adapter on the end of it. Even with a two element close-up lens mounted, all seems well with the lens structure.

  but so is the better EVF

It is better; twice the pickles and a little visually larger, but I'm not the one to ask about that, as I'm largely EVF invariant.

and battery life (allegedly).

I don't know about that. They both use the same battery, so any increase has to
be down to improved energy efficiency.

Thanks for these samples,

You are very welcome. I do like sharing. :-)

and for the thoughts on the ISO invariance (ISO-less?).

I use that term because DPreview uses it, so it will be pretty widely known.

Zoomy Moose