Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:59:29 -0700
At 9/20/2019 07:33 AM, Jan wrote:

>> From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx <mailto:om3ti@xxxxxxxx>>
>>
>> There is no right set of tradeoffs. But I do agree that smaller size has me
>> looking. Good viewfinder and good eyepoint can make or break the deal for me.
>
>Yea, that was me, too. For the longest time, I could not bring myself to look
>at an EVF.
>
>But the E-M1 Mark II finally changed my mind. Have you looked at that one?

I have not, but looking online it has the same OLED resolution 2.36m-Dot as the
a6600 and a7iii. Since I have e-mount lenses, seems it would make more sense to
go with a6600. The a7riii has 3.69m-dot OLED. I would have a hard time
justifying even the a6600. Just not small enough.

I'm struggling still with OLED's. The image as viewed is very flat. I can see
what I'm looking at, but I still struggle with it. Focus peaking, focus
magnification, ... I miss the optical viewfinder with micro-prism on the screen.

Comparing some sizes
https://camerasize.com/compact/#770.397,692,831,777,569,ha,f

I have been eyeing the Lumix DMC-LX100 ii u4/3 for a small camera. Only F4
minimum aperture though. Curious if any one has any experience with it. Perhaps
OT, since there is no painful lens choice to be made.

Actually, I was thinking my next camera should be a drone. Seems that would be
good up in Alaska as well, but it doesn't take OM glass. Maybe get one before
the tariffs kick in on new supply.

WayneS