Re: [OM] ISO invariance [was GX85 Clarity Slider]

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO invariance [was GX85 Clarity Slider]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 17:22:26 -0700
On 8/31/2019 11:27 PM, Philippe wrote:
In terms of noise, the guy may be right.

Now push the limits, and watch the colours …

Wellll, I've done that. Now I'm doing it for you. ;-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/GX85/GX85Shadows.htm>

Huge DR, intentionally underexposed to hold most highlights.The Celtic design scarf is colorless, almost black, in the straight conversion. The subtleties of color and texture in the pillow behind it are completely invisible.

Increase exposure and pull up shadows in ACR, and the colors and details are all there. As the deepest shadows are exposed, a little bit, by a combination of fairy lights and daylight balanced, anti-SAD fluorescent at some distance, I don't expect perfect color. And yet, converted with ACR's Tungsten WB, the colors are remarkably true. Especially impressive to me are the subtle hues of the pillow.

Yup, a few hot pixels in the darkest parts, easily spotted.

Might you be living in the past, perhaps with a less than latest sensor system?
:-)

ISO invariance is not just about noise.

In The Moment Moose