Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 05:51:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     EarthLink has 18 dialup numbers here and Copper.net has 9.  They reduced
the number of sockets (?) at the start of the year, so getting a connection is
often a game of modem roulette.  I would suspect that they connect to 19CTL,
given that the routing typically takes you to Los Angeles.

     During last year's multi-day outage, the Los Angeles (LAX) server was the
focus of the problem at first.  But then the Dallas (DFW) server disappeared,
then Shreveport (SHV), etc., until connections were through servers in New
Jersey and near Washington.  Route tracing took as much as ten seconds back
then.

>Chris, I would expect that you will go through the GA data center if you
>are on EarthLink, but LA or Seattle if through 19CTL.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson