Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:23:03 -0700
On 8/21/2019 7:19 PM, christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
      Facebook has been having problems all day long, according to
downdetector.com.  But at 1836 PST the problems escalated.  Right now I cannot
get a complete page, and I needed to get my neighbourhood association page to
report a scam artist canvassing the neighbourhood.

      The problem begins with the connectivity speed, and at present they are
making the 1400 baud bulletin boards of decades ago look fast.  But even if you
do get some connectivity the display is terribly garbled.  Most of the
complaints posted on downdetector.com state that images are unavailable.

      As usual, there is no way of telling when they'll have this fixed.
Probably another episode of their cyber toddlers uploading some untested code
into a primary server.

I use FB very little. This afternoon, a friend in Bhutan posted a pic. It
loaded no faster or slower than usual.

Are you sure we don't live in different realities, connected through this list?

E. R. I. E. Moose