Re: [OM] IMG: Another View of the Painted Lady

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another View of the Painted Lady
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:05:43 -0700
> From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Still using training wheels (35mm Macro lens), I encountered a fairly
> cooperative Painted Lady on the bush today.? Here is a view of her
> finery.? Cropped, of course.

Nice, Jim!

I saw an Olympus Telescoping Extension Tube with an OM 135/4.5 Macro for just
$200 the other day.

That would give you a LOT more reach for such critters!

It's my most-used macro combo, and is very hand-holdable, with the help of IBIS.

I really, really like the "twist-slide-twist" of the TET compared do the
"twist, twist, twist..." of macro lenses with a long-throw helix.

Jan