Re: [OM] Portrait Sunset

Subject: Re: [OM] Portrait Sunset
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:35:12 -0500
On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 1:01 PM Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And you caught it well, Joel :-)

Thanks Chris.  I was hoping to provoke a discussion about portrait
orientation for landscapes.  Not enough GAS in it to get going I guess.

Speaking of (Not) GAS, I have been enjoying walking around with that Stylus
830 once again.  I've had it for a million years, but I can't say that I
used it very much.  I think I actually bought it for one of the kids and it
was abandoned.  It's not quite the same shape as my phone, but it's about
the same weight and similar "pocket bulge," so when I'm out with it and
phone, my pair of pockets are "balanced".  As I have thought about why I
had not used it more in the past, I realized that I disliked composing on
the LCD.  Well, since then I've had to deal with the occasional shot with
the phone camera and more tolerance for the old 830 is the result.

Thinking somewhat on those lines got me wondering what there is that would
bring the package that the 830 represents up to date. It looks like the
series morphed into the FE, to which it is similar, and Tough models.

I think I'll just goof around with the 830 until I get bored with it.  I
walk a lot these days.  It seems to be a contemplative activity for me and
was instrumental to my fast healing after surgery.  I also run and use an
elliptical trainer, but walking seems to have more benefits that I tend to
miss if I leave it out of the mix.

Joel W.