[OM] OT: Phoenix Weather and Batteries

Subject: [OM] OT: Phoenix Weather and Batteries
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 07:07:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yesterday it got to 115F here in Phoenix, the highest temperature we've
seen so far this year.  It got just as hot in my workshop, and that temperature
was such that I could not recharge any of my Makita cordless tool batteries.  I
had to take them and a charger into the house and let them cool down.  Seems
that they have a thermal circuit breaker built in, and the temperature was such
that they all opened.  Must be a safety feature to keep them from catching fire.

     I've had some good fortune with cordless tools in Goodwill stores in the
past week.  I've bought two drills and both of the batteries were good.  Those
batteries cost around $30 last time I looked, and I bought these drills for
around $5 each.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson