Re: [OM] IMG: Clearing the Pond

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Clearing the Pond
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 16:47:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Firefox bypasses the hosts file, so that's not a factor.  Nor is the
Windows firewall, which I had shut off.  I experimented with this a bit, and
found that if I copied and pasted the URL into Firefox I got a blank page, but
if I typed it in I got the image.  Strange.

     I also have a problem on occasion with www.greatpix.eu, which Nathan uses.
 Days go by where all I get is a timeout error, so I save those URLs for the
day(s) when the site can be accessed.  I think this may have to do with malware
screening by the host ISP, which is usually CenturyLink when I'm at a coffee
shop.  It may also have to do with the site being routed through a cloudfront
server every so often.  I just tried to get a connection but after five minutes
I broke it.

>It is partly dependent on DNS - so perhaps Chris is bypassing that with his
>hosts file and only has the www address listed.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson